I Wish I Knew That Math
Precio de Lista:$9.99
Nuestro Precio:$2.99 (70% Descuento) USD
I Wish I Knew That Math : Math, so often a mystery to children, is simply explained in I Wish I Knew That Math. With clear, commonsense explanations of mathematical concepts and fun and interesting applications, this book is a great way to increase your understanding of math. The concepts addressed include, but are certainly not limited to:
- Basic operations - addition, subtraction, multiplication and division
- The math behind money
- The connections between math and music
- Irrational numbers - Why did Pythagoras have one of his followers killed just for talking about the square root of 2?
- The value of zero
- Angles - from acute, all the way to reflexive
- Coordinates and the Cartesian plane
- Probability - What is the likelihood of being struck by lightning?
- Logic - induction, deduction and Sherlock Holmes
- Computers and algorithms
- Code breaking - from ancient Rome to super computers
With its readable style and engaging examples, I Wish I Knew That: Math
can give children a head start or a helping hand in their understanding of math. Even grownups could learn a thing or two that they may have forgotten or maybe things they never learned at all!
Tamaño:8.00" l x 5.50" w x 1.00" h
8 - 12